Believe it or not, modern cars have more computing power than the Apollo XIII spacecraft that conquered the moon in 1969.
And although it has many advantages for the driver may also result in a number of problems never before experienced in cars of the past.
This is a Top 10 automotive safety problems and most common maintenance in today’s cars
1. Check Engine: The light turns on alert in the dashboard may indicate a number of problems, but the main reason is active is the neglect that many drivers have time to close the gas tank.
The problem is that leaving a gas outlet tank, sensors that self-identify as a possible problem in the engine system. The solution can be simply re-close the lid properly to prevent leakage of gases.
2. Learn the board: Modern cars may seem aircraft cabins by the instruments that appear on their boards to indicate the different functions of the vehicle.
So the first thing to do when a new car is purchased, is to read the driver’s manual to be sure not to confuse, for example, the temperature gauge for the engine, the fuel tank, which happens often because the symbols of both are very similar.
3. I ran out of battery: Although many modern cars have automatic switches to turn off the lights once the engine is turned off and the doors close with insurance, it is still possible that the battery is discharged and needs a recharge with the help of wires connected to the battery of another car.
In doing so, it is important to follow the instructions for each car as different electronic systems may be affected if the battery recharge is not done properly.
4. Rotation of the wheels: To avoid premature tire wear, which generally should be about 50,000 miles by the rim, to do the rotation of the tires every 10,000 miles.
This process is simple and takes a few minutes to change a wheel in the form of X (the left front to right rear and the same on the other side).
5. Faulty electrical systems: As mentioned earlier, many modern cars have electrical systems that may fail as a result of various causes. When this happens, the first point of review should be the fuse box, whose function is to protect these systems.
To identify them, we must review the Driver, which graphically explains the fuse for each system and the resistance must have to replace manual.
6. The air conditioner does not cool: The main cause for the lack of cold in air conditioning systems is a gas leak or ducts that carry air to the cabin.
In both cases it is advisable to bring the car to a workshop specializing in these systems since the manipulation of these gases is restricted to licensed by the authorities mechanics. In addition, these mechanics have the expertise to identify and solve our problems quickly.
7. mineral or synthetic oil: Many drivers have doubts about the use of mineral or synthetic oil when making the changes recommended by the manufacturers. Contrary to popularly widespread versions, both oils are perfectly compatible.
That is you can mix without causing problems to the engine, although the most common is that they use a single type when the change, which can in cycles ranging from 3,000 up to 15,000 miles, depending on the oil is made.
8. Regular maintenance at the dealership: Most new cars problems are caused by lack of regular maintenance recommended by manufacturers.
Many drivers are wary of the mechanics associated with new car dealers and complain about high prices charged compared to independent repairers, but the fact is that the complexity of the new car requires specialized that long term care can be in savings rather than an unnecessary expense.
9. A nail in the tire: Despite advances in technology to manufacture tires that has come to create tires that can be rolled even without air (run-flat tires), it is virtually impossible to avoid a puncture with a nail .
When this happens, remember that repairs to the tires can only be made when drilling is on the floor of the tire, never on the walls. This is because the walls of the tires have a different floor to support the weight of the car and allow to maintain a balance in cornering and braking maneuvers composition.
So if a tire is damaged on the side wall, it will not be another choice but to replace it with a new one.
10. The octane number of gasoline: Unquestionably, the engine is the soul of auto and gasoline the food necessary to make it work. Many manufacturers make recommendations for the use of a specific type of gasoline depending on the octane rating ranging from 87 points (regular gasoline) to 93 (premium gasoline).
And although it is true that the type of gasoline affects engine performance, it is also true that the use of a type of gasoline over another, does not cause damage to engines.
The recommendations on the use of one or another type of gasoline are for what the manufacturer considers the optimal operation of a motor.
In some very specific cases – usually in high performance sports cars – the use of a lower octane gasoline could cause problems for their performance, but this is the exception to the rule.